Thursday, June 23, 2011

A.D.D.

When I edit, or even when I write, I need a lot of distractions. I am not one of those writers who turns off the music (I do turn off the TV because I can't stand talking. I can sleep with the radio on, too. Not the TV. I hate TV). 


Usually when I work I have Microsoft Word up, and then in a new browser; Twitter, Facebook, my blog, gmail, and other sources of distraction. 


On a daily basis, I use my friend's cool pack for my computer. He was over one night, playing on his own lap-top, and saw that I was editing, so he left me alone. Until he saw me switching between everything. But it's what I do--it's how I think.


The other day, I was bored while I was editing and I did something fun (which I hear a lot of writers do). I went through and as I was editing, songs kept getting stuck in my head. I realized that it was my main character's playlist...so I typed it up. It actually helped me go through and write/edit more and give me a better feel for who this girl is. 


I'm not telling you to make a playlist, or even write. I'm just saying if you write, and you get bored with your project and need something...try making a playlist, or some other form of creativity that will keep you thinking like your characters.


Okay. That's all. :)

6 comments:

  1. I like it! I have an attention span of flea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also need stuff around. Though when I'm writing, I have to get rid of Twitter and Facebook and my email. I leave the TV on, without sound or make up a playlist on youtube and let that play as background noise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marilyn, how on earth do you make a playlist on youtube??? I must know! (I usually also have AOLradio on, or steal my sister's pandora and wreck it :) )

    @Jen--Good to know :) Thanks for the comments, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually listen to music, but it's got to be something I love (which I just run on repeat :))
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ninja Girl
    Thanks! I hope you have an awesome weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

    Jarak Berhubungan Intim Setelah Melahirkan
    Bakteri Dan Virus Bisa Sebabkan Anak Diare
    Cara Pemesanan Glucoberry Dan Glucocoa
    Cara Mengatasi Masalah Buang Air Besar Tidak Lancar
    Tips Ramuan Pencegah Penyakit Organ Kewanitaan

    ReplyDelete

Please know that if you comment and I don't respond, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I don't have wifi, but I do have a bad memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...