Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Closing Up 2013

2013 was a hell of a year, full of heartbreak, hope, and moving on. Here is a list of some of my favorite and not so favorite moments of it:
Kyla and Bax finally getting along


In Boston
Favorites:

*Being confident enough to ride (snowboard) without my huge knee brace on. It was the first time in YEARS that I've done it.

At the Sex Ed Conference :)
*I went to my first ever ProChoice rally at the State House. I met people from Planned Parenthood.

*I sold my body for money and research.

I love energy drinks
*The first ever #AbortionChat chat in February!
Last Day!

*AbortionChat's blog was created

*AWP 2013

*Having people agree to a panel in 2015

*Receiving grant funding for AbortionChat

*The Sex Ed Conference

*Getting a new job as a reporter
March Against Monsanto!

Literary Death Match!
*Getting a new job as a mental health professional

*Becoming friends with Mormons~who broke into my house to make me Depression Pie

*Adding Kyla to my little dog family

The boy I woke up to stargaze
at 2am


  :)
Working with Planned Parenthood
*Taking trips to Boston to meet and make friends

*Waking a boy up at 2am to go stargazing after arriving late from Boston

*The 30 Day Challenge: No caffeine for 30 days. It was hell. But I did it!

*Friends who donated to Baxter's veterinary care

My favorite Twitter Friend, Liz :)

*Finally quitting Rite Aid (really this time!)
The yard sale for Baxter

*Finding a crappy place to live, but having an awesome landlord

*Making new friends

*A co worker's wedding

*Celebrating a friend's housewarming and engagement!

*Completing the A to Z Challenge!

Bax's tattoo :)
*PROTESTS!

AWP 2013
Laura and I with Cheryl Strayed and
Augusten Burroughs
*Getting the right size bra from Victoria's Secret 

*Writing an IOU to the local McDonald's

*Getting out of being arrested for my car registration being suspended due to unpaid EZ Pass ness

*Meeting twitter friends in real life!

*Seeing Hunger Games 2!

*Having a roommate who made me breakfast almost every morning

*Literary Death Match in Portland

*Getting my panel accepted at SEWSA 2014!

*My Baxter Tattoo

*Working with Planned Parenthood to  help create a 39 ft patient safety zone!

Laura after a day at
the mountain
*Meeting many of my literary heros

*My sister visiting Maine and FINALLY getting to take her snowboarding



Not So Favorites:
Getting locked in a basement thanks to my sketchy roommate.
Baxter getting sick. Then getting sick again. Then needing surgery. Then being hurt again.
A friend from down south dying.
An awful eye infection.
Getting fired from being a reporter.
My Mormon friends getting shipped to other places.
Kyla being diagnosed with heartworm.
The 10th anniversary of Kellie's death.
Ex boyfriend kicking my door in an almost having to get a restraining order.
The $4,500 vet bill I'm still paying off

It has been an incredible year. It's awesome to see how much I've changed in 365 days. I'm excited to see what 2014 will bring.


For all of you going out tonight, be safe. And remember that every day, you can change your life :)

27 comments:

  1. What an incredible year you've had! Best wishes for your writing and life in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, getting the right bra size, whether from Victoria Secret or wherever, is huge! :) Here's wishing you much more of the good stuff in this year to come!. دانلود آهنگ جدید

      Delete
  2. Hey, getting the right bra size, whether from Victoria Secret or wherever, is huge! :) Here's wishing you much more of the good stuff in this year to come!

    Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a GoodEarth tea bag with your quote on it the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just like the valuable info you provide for your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and test again right here frequently. I'm quite sure I will be told many new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the next!

    My blog: http://obat-ambeien.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. gratitude for his information admin. the information is very helpful and nice

    Obat Radang Sendi Tulang

    ReplyDelete
  6. وبسایت موسسه ستاره دانش پارسیان (اپلای استار) مرجع اطلاعات در خصوص تحصیل در آلمان، ویزای دانشجویی آلمان و کمک هزینه تحصیلی آلمان آماده خدمت رسانی و مشاوره به شما علاقه مندان به تحصیل در آلمان می باشد.
    هزینه تحصیل در آلمان
    تحصیل پزشکی در کانادا
    تحصیل کارشناسی ارشد در کانادا

    ReplyDelete
  7. شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض 0500091013 ارخص شركة نقل عفش – إدارة سعودية
    شركتنا من افضل شركات تقل وتخزين الاثاث فالشركه تعمل دائما لتوفير افضل التقنيات والاساليب
    لتوفير افضل الخدمات والطرق لارضاء عملاءها وراحتهم
    فالشركة دائما تتطلع عى كل ماهو رائد وديد في هذا المحال وتتابع احدث التقنيات
    والاودوات التي تستخدم في هذا المجال


    ننقل اثاث أي منزل بطريقة احترافية و سلمية وتضمن سلامة كل قطعة من قطع الاثاث دون حدوث اي ضرر او اصابة بها يجب ان تتم الخطوات بأدوات متميزة وعمالة ماهرة ومدربة ومن أدوات نقل الاثاث بالرياض الاتي :-
    نجاريين متخصصين في فك الاثاث
    عمالة مدربة علي تغليف الاثاث
    سيارات مجهزة لنقل العفش الي أي منطة أو مدينة علي ايدي سائقيين مهرة ومحترفيين
    ونش لرفع القطع الثقيله في الأطباق المرتفعه
    نقل عفش بالرياض

    لدينا افضل الطرق والتقنيات في تخزين الاثاث لاطول فترة دون المساس به او اتلافه
    و نقوم بتغليف الاثاثذلك باستخدام أفضل أنواع مواد التغليف ثم نقوم بوضعه في كراتين و صناديق متينة مرقمة و ذلك حتي لا ننسي أي قطعة من قطع الأثاث ، بعد ذلك يبدأ العمال بتنزيل العفش و تحميله داخل السيارات و غالبآ يتم تنزيل العفش عن طريق الأوناش الهيدروكليكية و السلالم الكهربائية و ذلك لضيق المداخل و بعد أن يتم تحميل العفش داخل السيارات تبدأ السيارات بالتحرك و معها العمال و ذلك لتركيب العفش في المكان الجديد و يتم توصيل العفش للعميل كما كان دون خدش أو كسر فنحن نحرص تماما علي سلامة كل قطعة من العفش سواء صغيرة أو كبيرة
    وقوم الشركة بإدخال معدات إلكترونية يتم من خلالها رفع وتنزيل الأثاث بالكامل
    دون التعرض لأي نوع من الضرر كما أنها تستخدم مواد عالية الجودة في
    تغليف قطع الأثاث بما يضمن لها الأمان التام أثناء عملية النقل
    لعدم تعرض الاثاث لاي نوع من الضرر او الخدش او و التلف الذي قد يؤذي الاثاث
    تخزين عفش بالرياض

    كما انه متوفر لدى شركتنا خدمة تخزين الاثاث فلدينا الاماكن المجهزه لاستيعاب تخزين الاثاث لاي مده ولاطول فترة يريدها العميل فلدينا الامان المجهز للحفاظ على الاثاث من الرطوبه وتغيير الجو والحشرات لدينا امهر العماله الثي تقوم بخزين الاثاث باحدث الطرق والاساليب

    نقل اثاث بالرياض
    [URL=https://elawaeil.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%86%D9%82%D9%84-%D8%A3%D8%AB%D8%A7%D8%AB-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6-%D8%B9%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A9/]نقل اثاث بالرياض[/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  8. بي ان سبورت
    |BN Sport Kuwait is the agent of BN Kuwait to pay the BN Sports subscription inside Kuwait
    بي ان سبورت الكويت
    The exclusive agent in Kuwait for the BN Sport network in Kuwait
    بنشر متنقل
    |Car maintenance, car oil change, car wheel detection, periodic maintenance inside Kuwait

    ReplyDelete
  9. فني مكييف
    |Air conditioning maintenance technician cleaning and shipping air conditioning freon throughout the State of Kuwait
    فتح بيبان
    A carpenter technician opens closed doors as quickly and professionally as a professional technician who opens armored doors
    مقوي سيرفس فيفا
    Viva Mobile Network Booster The best service booster in Kuwait

    ReplyDelete

Please know that if you comment and I don't respond, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I don't have wifi, but I do have a bad memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...