But, these days, I'm constantly finding myself jumping up and down (no, I have not yet landed an agent, nor have I heard word back from the magazine competitions...which reply closer to April or May)
The lovely agents at FinePrint Lit will be announcing their winner for the Backspace Query Competition, also Burnside Review and various other magazines/competitions will be announcing their winners.
April 12: Rebecca Rasmussen's novel, The Bird Sisters is released!
April 19: My birthday!!!!
April 26--Take Action Tour:
Silverstein and Bayside concerts in Raleigh!
July 13--LeakyCon 2011, LitDay
John Green, Scott Westerfeld, Kate Schafer Testerman, plus other awesome people and agents, and publishers (I'm swooning right now!)
August 4-7--PNWA Conference!!
You get to speed pitch, listen to speakers, meet agents, SOCIALIZE, make friends....I cannot wait. I cannot wait. Not only this, but I will be staying with my lovely friend, Jennifer Olson who I have not seen in far, far too long. (Yay!!!)
Things I will need for the writing conferences:
- My voice recorder cleared out (currently has battery acid) so I can have fresh batteries and record notes people say to me. Also so I can be all Dirty Work and say "Note to self..." (Or so I won't have to call my voicemail and say "Steph, this is Steph. This is the idea for a story/novel/portion of your memoir I was thinking of while stuck in stop-and-go traffic." Driving a stick is hazardous (sp?), talking is not.
- Business cards (awaiting them, any day now!)
- Pages of two FINISHED and EDITED novels: Confessions of an Immortal Heart and Igniting a Firestarter
- Speed pitch--written, practiced, verbalized (at PNWA it's 3 minute sessions. Gotta talk quick! Be ready to provide pages. This is what I learned from Janet Reid's blog).
- A good hook
- Nice clothing (thank you tax refund!)
- Money to buy books! And apparel! And awesomeness!
Just saying, you have two completed novels (one that you cranked out in 20 days?!, a bunch of friends who read all your stuff, and a buttload of awesomeness... I'd say your well on your way to getting published. Stick with it, I'm sure these confrerences are going to be a great experenience (horray taxes!).ReplyDelete
Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)ReplyDelete
Obat Untuk Ibu Hamil Trimester Pertama
Obat Herbal Wasir Cair Untuk Ibu Hamil
Obat Penghilang Kanker Mulut
Obat Insomnia Atau Susah Tidur Yang Aman
Kapsule Pembangkit Gairah Pria
Obat Untuk Mempercepat Proses Penyembuhan Luka
Cara Alami Menghilangkan Batu Empedu Tanpa Operasi
Obat Polip Hidung Berdarah Tanpa Operasi
Obat Alami Jantung Rematik Yang Aman
Mengobati Asma Akut Secara Alami