Friday, July 15, 2011

Leaky Con Lit Day

And so 
 Came and went. Lit Day registration was rather hectic...

But in the end it was an awesome experience. I met amazing people like:
 Stephanie Perkins (author of Anna and the French Kiss) and
 Scott Westerfeld (author of the Uglies triology) and John Green (who I sadly wasn't able to get a picture with, but who wrote Looking for Alaska).
I also got to meet and greet with some amazing editors and literary agents (like Jennifer Laughran, Katie Schafer-Testerman, Barry Goldblatt, etc) and pick their brains which was a lot of fun...especially after some drinks:

But if you must know, my favorite thing about LeakyCon's Lit Day was probably just being there...being part of something amazing. I've never read the Harry Potter books but this experience definitely made me want to. It was really cool just to meet everyone and listen to what they had to say. It was a good practice run for PNWA.

Sorry this isn't more detailed, but a quick run down of what happened: My car broke down twice in GA, then I made it to Orlando and slept forever. Went to the conference, got back last night at 2:30am, didn't sleep and worked from 10am-6:30pm. I'm very, very tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that if you comment and I don't respond, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I don't have wifi, but I do have a bad memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...