Friday, June 10, 2011

YA Highway; Plotter or Pantser?

So, YA Highway blogged about being a plotter or a pantser. Don't know what that is? Neither did I. I think they put it best by saying that a Pantser is someone flying by the seam of their pants; you're not really sure which direction you're going and you let your characters kinda talk through. A Plotter is someone who goes through and is very meticullous and says "Yes, this is what will happen". Plotters have plans, (I also feel they're the type of person who like, makes a bulleted list and follows that for their story line).

Then, YAH asked the question, What are you?

Me? I'm a bit of a hybrid, but if I had to narrow it down to one, I think I'm more of a Pantser. Something will happen in my day and I'll hear my character's voice and start flying from there. The more he/she talks, the more I'll listen and try to understand why they're talking like that. Usually at some point during the madness, I'll know the ending, write it very, very roughly, and then connect the points.

The more planned portions of me will go through and make an arrow diagram just so I can keep the ball rolling (which is why I said I'm a bit of a hybrid). This will usually happen as I'm finishing up the story.

So...yep. That's my answer. What about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that if you comment and I don't respond, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I don't have wifi, but I do have a bad memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...