Monday, January 9, 2012

Withdrawing A Submission

Whew, that was a long weekend. At some point, my roommate's dog ran away, but the good news is, he spent the night with some friendly people from New Hampshire and arrived safely home this afternoon. (I made sure to cuddle Baxter extra tight because I couldn't imagine him being gone for any length of time.)

Other than that, I received an e-mail yesterday from a gentleman asking if I had any advice on how to craft a letter that withdraws a submission. (This is kind of the flip side of Nudging an Agent :) )

So here's my advice (Fancy style):

Dear Baxter* 
 It is with great regret (or some very eloquent word here) that I must withdraw my query/submission/etc, The Night Baxter Slept on the Floor**, from your agency. 

Thank you for your time and consideration (this is always my favorite closing),


Lynne Schmidt


Another way (Super simple):

Dear Baxter*,
 I would like to withdraw my submission/query/etc, The Night Baxter Slept on the Floor**

Thank you so much for your time and consideration,

Lynne Schmidt

*Baxter is not actually an agent. Well, I mean, I do read some of my stuff out loud to him, but in all reality, he is my dog (see his page above?). So, with that--Be sure to address it as Mr. or Ms. Agent, but use their actual last name.

 **Include the name of your submission


Here's the key:
You don't actually have to say why you're withdrawing it; you just need to tell them that you are withdrawing it. You can thank them for their time, you can wish them a great day. It doesn't really matter, just be sure to get it to the correct agent (and agency), make sure they know which work is yours, and that you're withdrawing it.

I hope this helps :)

19 comments:

  1. Well - I wish I was lucky enough to jave to withdraw a submission :)

    Just in case I do - I am filing your advice away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a withdrawal yet, either. (Patiently awaiting my time :) ) But I have followed enough blogs from editors/agents to understand how it should be done :)

    Our time will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya i am for tthe first time here. Ifound this
    board annd I fjnd It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to give something back and help otthers like you helped me.


    site De Rencontre

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This paragraph
    posted at this web page is genuinely pleasant.



    My site; Advancing Income Review

    ReplyDelete

  5. شركة تيجان للصيانة المنزلية بجدة
    نحن من أهم الشركات الرائدة بمجال الصيانة المنزلية بجدة وقد تكون شركتنا واحدة من الشركات المتميزة التي تسعى دوماً راء ما يرض العميل ، من حيث تنفيذ العمال الخاصة بطبيعية الصيانة التي يحتاج إليها، كما أن الشركة تعمل بجد واجتهاد وبحرص على ممتلكات العميل أن تتعرض لأي نوع من التلفيات، فنحن نعتمد على الخبرة والتميز بالكامل فكل عامل يعمل لدى شركتنا حاصل على شهادات الخبرة التي تجعلها واحد من أهم العمال المعتمد عليهم في أداء أعمال الصيانة الشاملة، فشركة تقوم بتقسيم عمالها على حسب طبيعة عملها فيوجد لدي الشركة فريق خاص بأعمال الدهان وتركيب ورق الحائط، كما يتوافر لديها فريق خاص بكافة مهام السباكة وغيرها من المهام الأخرى.
    سباك بالمدينة المنورة
    كهربائي بالمدينة المنورة
    دهان بالمدينة المنورة
    نجار بالمدينة المنورة
    معلم سباك بجدة
    معلم كهربائي بجدة
    معلم دهان بجدة
    ___________

    ReplyDelete

  6. شركة احباب طيبة للصيانة المنزلية بالمدينة المنورة 0557763091
    لا يوجد أي منزل أو عقار لا يتطلب خدمات صيانة كاملة وشاملة من حيث السباك أو الكهربائي أو الدهان والنجار والفني الكهربائي ومعلم البومية وغيرهم من الفنيين الرائدين، ولا أحد يقوم بتلك المهام بمفرده بل يجب على كل شخص لديه منزل أو بيت أو عقار جديد الاستعانة بإحدى الشركات الموجودة في المدينة ولا يوجد أفضل من شركة صيانة منزلية بالمدينة المنورة.
    فني سباكة بالمدينة المنورة
    فني كهربائي بالمدينة المنورة
    معلم بوية بالمدينة المنورة
    رقم سباك بجدة
    رقم كهربائي بجدة
    رقم دهان بجدة
    رقم فني دش بجدة
    <a href="https://ahbabelmadina.com/carpenter-in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. a55a84e17611e8cbceb165be9c3acb8b
    website kurma
    sms onay
    numara onay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 85478d753e30104e140a020078d6620c
    altın dedektörü

    ReplyDelete

Please know that if you comment and I don't respond, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I don't have wifi, but I do have a bad memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...