Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Irene

As most of you know, or can read, I live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Hurricane Irene rocked us here. I left the island to go inland and visit my friend from last summer. I drove back today...and the devastation is amazing. Collington (where I currently live) was completely under water, and as I drove I saw houses torn down....

I'll be back to writing writerly things, but for right now, I'd just like to say that I'm thankful for my family and friends (and selfishly, stuff) being safe. I hope everyone else fared well, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that if you comment and I don't respond, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I don't have wifi, but I do have a bad memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...