Monday, February 11, 2013

#AbortionChat

We are women, hear us roar
Last week I had a meeting with a representative from my local Planned Parenthood on how I could get involved. He told me why he wanted to work with the non-profit organization, and why it's important that health centers offer a wide variety of sexual health services. I told him my story.

From there we discussed what we dubbed, "Grey area."

The truth about abortion/carrying a fetus to term/opting for adoption is that the questions are no longer black and white. It's no longer a simple line of, "Are you pregnant?" but more so "Why are you pregnant?"

There are factors that determine pregnancy or abortion rates:

*Marriage
*Rape
*Contraception
*Failure of contraception
*Incest
*Eating disorders
*Mental health
*Genetics
*Your own parents

This is just a small list but dissect the words. There can be happy healthy marriages, and there can be domestic abuse marriages. Rape no matter how you put it, is awful. The bottom line is that there are women walking into clinics around the nation seeking a medical procedure. Many are judged. Many, like me, are screamed at by protesters holding signs on the sidewalks. The truth is, I don't know that woman, so who am I to pass judgement on her circumstance? Is she going there to end her pregnancy? Yes. But the real question here may be, why?

This Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 9pm (EST), I will be hosting an #AbortionChat on twitter. If you have questions about the procedure, if you want more information, or if you want to gain knowledge from the safety of your own computer, please join us, we'd love to have you there. All we ask is that you keep an open mind.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a political subject, but I agree with you. There is definitely grey area and we don't know anybody's circumstances or their "why." Not our place to judge at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I may I want to recommend you some fascinating issues or suggestions. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles referring to this article. I wish to learn more things approximately it!

    Here is my blog the hcg diet
    my web page: hcg before and after pictures

    ReplyDelete

Please know that if you comment and I don't respond, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I don't have wifi, but I do have a bad memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...