Monday, February 25, 2013

New Gear

Back in December, I ripped my work pants in a place that shouldn't be ripped. It got so bad, I felt I couldn't bend over without exposing my undies to the world. Then the snow came...then I got my season pass to the mountain and realized, I need new bindings. So, I bought new bindings rather than new pants. (Thankfully my mommy sent me pants for Christmas.)

From there, I started looking at my other snow gear. Sure, I had gloves, but they had really big holes. Sure, I had a jacket, but it was the same I'd had since 8th grade (this is not an exaggeration).

There was a sale online and with the help of Christmas money from friends, I ended up buying new gear.

You can't tell, but I totally had a Red Bull in my pocket :)
The first day I wore my new jacket, gloves, shirt, hoodie, and hat, I was walking tall. Each step I took had a bit of swag to it. Then, I got my board (new as of last season, with the new this season bindings), and hit the chair lift.

I felt like I needed to do my gear justice. I hit rails. I hit jumps. I did 180s. I put on a show (small, because I'm not so brave yet) for the people on the chair lift. And IT FELT GOOD.

The novelty of the new gear has worn off over the last two months, but I still think of that first day with all of my new toys, which brings me to my next point:

When was the last time you bought yourself some new gear? Perhaps a new pen you've been eyeing at the grocery store. A new notebook with a cute puppy on the front? Whatever. Your mission is to go out, and buy something that will inspire you to be great. I promise it'll be worth it.

Happy Monday.

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't even want to guess how long I've had my snow pants. But that's not what I'd replace :)
    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You buy your pens at the grocery store?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grocery store, pharmacy, steal them from writing conferences...the usual :)

      Delete
  3. I love this story... and your point! It's so true. I am always buying myself new notebooks and pens because I love them... and they DO make me want to write! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I love getting sassy notebooks. My favourite one says, "I'm just pretending to take notes" It goes to conferences with me :)

      Delete

Please know that if you comment and I don't respond, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I don't have wifi, but I do have a bad memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...